Chevron and Out

>> Monday, March 12, 2012

I realized it's been 10 days since I last posted. Ten busy days, but ten days in which images sat on my camera because sometimes getting images from the camera to the computer feels like way more work than it actually is. Hooking up cords and pressing buttons is not actually hard and yet sometimes it's an obstacle. But I'm back in the archives this week which means I needed my camera for images of documents and all my sewing pictures had to vacate the premises, err memory card. I finished up my mini-quilt for the For the Love of Solids Quilts. I vacillate on which side is "up" and which side is "down." For now, I picked the image I liked the best, which had a lot more to do with low light on a gray day than anything else. I'm quite pleased with how it came together as well as the random, angular line quilting, which came to me in a burst of inspiration also known as "Must get this done. Make a decision."

The back used remnants from the front. As usual, I changed my mind 3/4 of the way through and decided that the light gray line (Kona Ash, for those keeping track) should not go all the way across. This entailed some pretty precise sewing to get everything lined back up. And by precise sewing, I mean 4 seam-rippings and 5 tries later, it all worked out. Note: seams pressed open are your friends when precision on the millimeter level is necessary.

For the small gift (this swap requires a big item and a small one), I made a zip pouch. I based it on the size of the zip-lock I use to carry various chargers with me when I travel. I think its dimensions are great for chargers though I might switch the zipper to the long side on future iterations, even though I think it might work less well for bulky chargers. The pouch is stuffed with a rainbow of solid scraps that I hope my partner will enjoy using. Now I just need to find the closest post office to me in Cincinnati, ideally one open past 5 pm.

1 comments:

Sarah Craig March 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

Such a pretty little mini - and I love your charger pouch! I really need to make some of those little pouches.... And on your camera, if you have an SD memory card, you can get a little SD reader that plugs into a USB port on your computer; then all you need to do is take the memory card out and plug it in to download your pics. And if your computer has an SD reader built in, even better (mine does and I love it!!)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP