Delinquent!

>> Monday, October 31, 2011

It's taken me until the last day of the month to make, take pictures, upload, and post my blocks for my month in do.Good Stitches. At least they don't have to be mailed anywhere!

I made a tiny bit of progress in depleting using my scrap box. Although this block required a lot of HSTs, it came together quite quickly once I had cut all the pieces.

I'm realizing that my black desk provides a nice backdrop for pictures when there is sufficient natural light, aka a sunny day.

Here's a little glimpse at all the blocks I have thus far. Six more are heading my way and I need to decide how to arrange them. Although they're side by side in this image, I doubt that I will piece them like this. I think these blocks need more negative space to really stand out. I'm thinking of pairs or short rows (maybe 3 blocks each) surrounded by a lot of white. I may need to get more white as I've got about a half-yard right now....

6 comments:

Lyanna L. October 31, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

This quilt is going to be so gorgeous, I love the fall colors. Can't wait to see it all finished!

FlourishingPalms October 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

Very pretty blocks. It's going to be a lovely quilt. I hope you can find solid white. On Sunday, our local JoAnn's fabrics was completely out of white, as well as many other Kona solid colors.

Lee October 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

So pretty! Love the colors.

Jen October 31, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Love this! "Love in a mist" block is one of my all time favorite blocks! So pretty!

Esch House Quilts November 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

This is looking gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole thing :)

Debbie April 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM  

Is there a tutorial for this block?

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP