>> Sunday, May 22, 2011
I had really great intentions. I knew Giveaway Day was in about 2 weeks, and I was going to bring something with me to send off to a lucky winner. As I prepared to move, I added "make something for Giveaway Day" to my to-do list. As I packed up my belongings and transported them back to my parents' house, I mentally reminded myself to prep something for Giveaway Day. As I unpacked my stuff and repacked the 2 bags I was taking, I thought "grab a few fat quarters to bring along." As I stared out the window on the bus, I figured I could swing by a fabric store and buy something to offer. And as Friday rolled along, I hemmed and hawed about adding my name to the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day list. For despite my intentions, I didn't make anything or prep anything or bring anything or buy anything. So what to do?
As my regular readers know, I'm currently away doing research, and until early-mid July, remain separated from my sewing machine. Thus I won't be able to make it for a while, but I promise I will make it and send it to you by the end of July. So if you'd like a surprise summer package (or perhaps you need a gift for a friend with a July birthday!) that will likely include more than a scarf, this is the giveaway for you.
1. Comment on this post and ask me a question. It can be any question, silly or serious, about any topic -- from quilting to why is the sky blue. Fire away...
2. Make sure I can contact you, either through your blogger account (a no-reply blogger cannot win because I can't reach you) or by leaving your email address in the comment.
The fine print:
1. This is open to everyone, wherever you live.
2. The giveaway will remain open until the evening of May 25, or possible the morning of May 26.
3. One entry per person.
4. The winner will be selected randomly, though a truly standout question could also earn a prize.
5. The winner must have followed the rules outlined above.
Finally, per an earlier request, I'll use this scarf creation as an opportunity to post a quick tutorial about how I make these scarves, so check back later in the summer for that. Until then, enjoy giveaway day, and have a great week!