Hacked.

>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not the blog, thankfully. But earlier today, someone in China hacked into one of my email accounts. It's the email account that blog comments go to and thus some of you may have unfortunately received a spam email "from me." Apologies if you did, and I hope you simply deleted it.

I found out pretty quickly (since I received an email "from me" on one of my other accounts) and immediately changed the password. After I changed the password, Google alerted me that someone had accessed my account from a Chinese IP address, which is how I know where the hack occurred. It really bothers me that there are people (or people who programmed machines) to hack into other people's email accounts and send malicious emails. Unfortunately, this is not a problem I'm positioned to solve. But my sincerest regrets if you received a fake email from my account. Hopefully it looked spammy enough that you immediately pressed delete. 

3 comments:

~Michelle~ October 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

yep, I got an email, but figured you had been hacked... no worries, I deleted right away! hopefully it didn't somehow hack my email password though!

Abby and Stephanie October 13, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I got spam from a blog friend just the other day and I didn't open it as it looked suspicious. Don't people have anything better to do than hack quilt bloggers e-mails? Sheesh.

Grace October 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I got one from you and deleted it! That stinks. Hope all is ok now.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP