Fruit Salad

>> Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A few weeks ago I posted about a work-in-progress piece that needed some major help. The most frequent comment I received was add color and chop/re-arrange. Well, I've done both. I did some radical chopping and added a bunch of pink, yellow, and white to the blue, green, and brown of old. Because I tend to work in spurts and binges, I did most of the chopping, adding, piecing, sashing, and quilting in a couple of days and failed to take adequate pictures. As it is, I've only got a couple pictures in its current state (awaiting binding).

But I decided radical was the way to go and I'm very pleased with the result, which will be a baby quilt that I'm going to donate to Anna Maria Horner's "Rainbow-Around-the-Block" project for victims of the Tennessee spring floods.

The original top had pears (the bottom row above) and apples. While I didn't add any other fruit prints (I think those two stretch the limits of my fruit collection), the pink and yellow reminded me of strawberries and pineapples. And fruit salad is all chopped up and mixed together, which is why I'm dubbing this one "Fruit Salad." I'll post additional pictures once it's all bound up -- I just need to decide what fabric to use for the binding.

Stay tuned for a 2hippos-coordinated service project. I'm working out the details now, but I think it will be a great and easy opportunity to do some sewing goodness.

1 comments:

MandMStudio June 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Cant wait to see it finished:) LOVE it.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP