The Baby at the Bachelor Party

>> Thursday, January 16, 2014

{I'm taking this opportunity to do a little #latergram style blogging. This post is brought to you by August 2013...}

Apparently not everyone has gender-inclusive bachelor parties, complete with the attendance of a baby (neither mine nor the bachelor's, for the record). At least, that's what Jenny and I gleaned when we served as chief participants in Joel's bachelor weekend. We got a lot of odd looks when we told people what we were doing. Which mostly involved gallivanting in a park, eating really good food, imbibing delicious drinks, going to a spa, attending live theatre, eating amazing cookies, and hanging out.

Did I mention the cookies? They're amazing.

I took this opportunity to multi-task and give Elody her baby quilt. Improvisationally-pieced with (mostly) Modern Meadow prints plus a little magenta and yellow for pizazz, this quilt came together quickly over a couple days. Lots of vertical movement and negative space, just how I like my quilts.

And Elody seemed pretty content as well, even as we wrapped her and unwrapped her for our high-class on-the-couch photo shoot. The back has 2 prints, both with lots of blues and purples. It's all straight-line quilting, at random intervals. I can't really remember why I chose to quilt it like that, but I like it.

4 comments:

Linda from Talkinglunchboxquilts.com January 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM  

What a cute baby quilt! (And the baby too!) I love your vertical stripes - great colors and fun to look at.

Sara January 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM  

The magenta and blues are awesome together!!

Sarah @ mila+cuatro January 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM  

I love negative space in a quilt, and I love improv piecing, so I'm lovin' this quilt.

Carla January 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM  

Cool colors and a cute baby all wrapped with love. ;o)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP