Quilting Play

>> Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ever fascinated by circle quilting, I spent Sunday playing with some new quilting ideas. Like these concentric adjacent, but not overlapping, circles. From the back, I think they look especially cool. They look rather dashing on the front as well, but it's got to stay face-down for a moment.

I used the same 4" circle template for a some random overlapping circles. Planning out the overlap would have required a little too much work and attention since I was quilting while watching the Olympics streaming on my laptop. It was a tough call between women's gymnastics team preliminaries and quilting. Luckily I delight in multi-tasking, but priorities do shift a bit when people on the screen are flying through the air. I'm willing to sacrifice my personal precision for theirs, especially because "randomly imprecise" has a certain panache in quilting that it does not on the balance beam.

3 comments:

Esch House Quilts August 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM  

Great quilting! Yeah, I don't think random and imprecise are words that gymnasts use a lot :)

felicity August 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

You know, 'panache' is a word I don't use nearly enough and that's a crying shame.

Nice circles!

Karissa August 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM  

I really like those circles! And can't wait to see the first one face-up! :)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP