Squeaking By

>> Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Deadlines and I have a contested relationship right now. Witness: My June do.Good Stitches blocks.

Heather asked us to make Lynne's "Lynne Bob Square Pants" blocks with Kona Ash as the background color. I could blame my tardiness on the fact that I was waiting to get back to Michigan and get my hands on some Ash (true) or on being away from my sewing machine for almost all of June (true) or a tree getting in the way of weekend sewing at the end of June (true). All of these factors contributed to my delinquency, but I also confess that once back in Michigan, with my sewing machine, in possession of Kona Ash, I also tarried a bit. These blocks are a lovely, but a bit persnickety for my sewing tendencies. They're going to make a great quilt, but 36 squares yielding a mere 12.5" block? It's just not my style. As I said at the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild's Sew-In on Sunday, 3.5 hours of sewing should require using more than one bobbin.

In the spirit of confession-time, I will also note that this month I definitely have a favorite block. The aqua and red one. I'm pretty sure quilters, unlike parents, are allowed to express preferences among blocks, but I usually try to love them all equally. Not this month, I'm afraid. But that's okay because the quilt chorus is also a lovely place to be.

3 comments:

Heather July 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

Thanks for powering through to makes these blocks - they are beautiful! I agree with you, though. The end result is pretty but it takes SO LONG to make them!

Karissa July 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Definitely pretty! And I agree on your favorite. I'm in the middle of piecing one of two (what was I thinking?!?) Sparkle Punch star quilts, so I feel your pain. Re-trimming those blocks is the killer.

RenoRx (Watch Meesh Run) July 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM  

Oh Ronit, you make me laugh! I love the look, too and for some reason I had a hard time with all the triangles this time around. I'm going to blame it on being grumpy from all of this dang heat. :(

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP