Catching Up

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today has been a catch-up day in multiple realms. I finished up some reading and completed some write-ups for a meeting tomorrow. I went grocery shopping which means my refrigerator has caught up to my hungry stomach. I almost finished my sister's birthday present -- it might be done by the end of Bastille Day and getting it done by the end of the birthday counts, sort of. And it's time to catch up the blog.


I was totally delinquent about posting the fabric I won from a giveaway on jcaroline's blog. The giveaway was for a total of 2 yards of Michelle Bencsko's new organic collection, Cloud 9, from Contemporary Cloth. I picked 1 yard of Flock (top), 1/2 yard of Sandpiper (above), and 1/2 yard of Meadow (below).

  *All images from Contemporary Cloth*

I also recently learned that I won a gift certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics as a result of donating quilts to BASICS/Promesa through Victoria at Bumble Beans, Inc. I'm trying to hold off using it until August because a) there are some new collections coming out that I have my eye on and b) I'd like my new fabric to be a post-prelims treat. Speaking of which, today (or yesterday by the time I hit publish post) marks 1 month until those prelims. ["Prelims" refers to "preliminary exams," which are the exams that separate the coursework stage from the dissertation stage of a Ph.D. program. Every discipline, department, and program works a little differently, but in my case it means a written exam and an oral exam.]

And finally, three friends had babies between July 2 and July 12, so some new quilts coming soon...

1 comments:

PioneerValleyGirl August 1, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

And catching up on my blog reading...

I love these, I've got Sandpiper and Flock and they're charming

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP